Thursday, February 28, 2013

About Us

   Well, here goes nothing. This is my first blog so it is going to be rough. You've been warned.
    We are a family of four. Me, my beautiful wife whom I affectionately call "the wife", and my two little girls. After serving in the Army for 6 years, I went back to teaching. We bought a little 5 acre plot with an old farm house out in the middle of nowhere in KS. Not long after, I was up for tenure and I didn't make it. That happens more often than I realized, but essentially I was out of a job. We now had a decision to make. Either pick up, move again and find another teaching job, or make a run of it. Well, life is about the journey and not the destination and I was tired of always moving, so we decided to make a run of it.
    The wife is nothing short of amazing. She is very artistic and creative, can grow just about anything, cooks enough to keep me well insulated, and somehow manages to make our little amount of money stretch many times farther then seems possible. Hopefully I will get her on here to write a couple of times. Along with my two little girls we have quite a crew.
    We have a couple of projects going on, on "the farm" that I will try to write about. The first one I am going to write about is building my chicken coop. I have tried to write about it once, it turned out too long and my computer crashed, so we will try again. Also, last year we had a 90' by 40' garden and grew so much that we couldn't give it away fast enough. This year we got a grant for a high tunnel, so we are going to go even bigger and try selling a little produce. I hope that you follow along and enjoy the ride.
    *Disclaimer: As well as being a less-than-amateur writer, I tend to be somewhat of a smart... mouth, so I apologize in advance.*

No comments:

Post a Comment